If you have been looking for the sun, sea and sand, Maldives has it. Pack your island get-ups for snorkeling trips, dolphin watching and just pure uninterrupted chill time.
*Youth group trips are only open for 18 to 35 year-olds.
- Make friends with like minded people while travelling in a small youth group of 8 people
- Relax under the sun and enjoy the clear blue water
- Snorkelling at the House Reef, Big Reef and Banana Reef
- Experience dolphin watching
- Return transfer from Airport to the Island
- 4 nights of accommodation in simple hotels
- Daily breakfast at the hotels
- Snorkeling trip and dolphin watching
- Local Head of Trip throughout
- To request a new group departure date (October 2016-April 2017), a minimum of 4 adults are required. Please email [email protected] or whatsapp us at +6019 243 8747
- Monthly Installment: Remaining 90% of tour fees should be pro-rate monthly and be settled 30 days before departure date
- Starting Point: 0830 P.M. at Male International Airport
- Ending Point: 0300 P.M. at Male International Airport
Arrive Male International Airport at 2030 and meet up with fellow travellers and local guide. Spend the rest of the night in the hotel or if you’re up for it, wander the streets of Male for some food and a quick look of the capital city.
Hop on the ferry in the afternoon and head to Maafushi Island which is about 90 minutes away. As you approach the island, it’s totally normal if you need to pinch yourself because many have done the same, taken by the clear blue water and sunny skies.
Say hello to your Head of Trip at the jetty and off to your island home!
When in Maldives, go underwater! We will be snorkeling at three different spots: The House Reef, Big Reef and Banana Reef. If you think swimming with colourful tropical fishes and turtles made your day, wait till you see the dolphins! The island is ranked one of the top five places for dolphin watching, so you are in for a treat as you watch the intelligent and regal mammals swim freely in the Indian Ocean.
You get some free time this evening to wine down from the island hopping experience. Gather your buddies at the beach and watch the sunset.
Get onto island time! Today you will get a full day of exploring what the island has to offer and spend some quality time relaxing with your travel buddies.
Try out some beach activities like a Banana Boat ride and jet skiing, or take to the sky parasailing. Zen-out under the shade of a coconut tree in a hammock or bring a book with you and get a shade darker sunbathing under the tropical sun.
Many eateries boast an array of international menus but you can also go local and try some Maldivian dishes. Since fishing is the island’s second largest industry after tourism, you can expect some seriously delicious and fresh seafood. Have them deep fried, barbequed or even in a broth, just ask the local guide for some top recommendations.
Fishing trips at night are also popular here. Take a boat out to sea and try your luck at reeling something in. Then have your catch as dinner by the beach. Just remember to book your fishing trip a day ahead!
All good things come to an end, even when it’s as good as paradise on earth. Wave goodbye to the island from the ferry and head back to mainland where our guide will take you to the airport.
Beach gear; flip-flops, sunglasses, sun hat, swimming attire, goggles, and your sunscreen
- The currency of Maldives is called the Rufiyah. However, most resorts and local islands will accept the US Dollar
- Make sure you have enough cash to cover your needs, as you won’t find the banks/ local ATM machines at resorts or smaller local islands
- Most hotels and shops accept credit card; Mastercard and Visa
Maldives average temperature throughout the year is at 25 degree celsius. The weather in Maldives is unpredictable especially when it’s the month of May – November. Even though it’s a rainy season, as the rains will be only for shortwhile. Great weather continues until the end of April and the surf season begins in March till October. The high season in Maldives falls in the month of December – February
Backpack in Maldives
One very satisfied customer